PBAT (PolyButylene Adipate Terephthalate) is a random co-polyester type of polymer. Due to its typical random block structure PBAT does not crystallize and gives similar properties to LDPE, especially its high flexibility and resilience. Pycnoplast has extensive knowlegde how to tune the properties of PBAT for many applications, like textiles, foils, packaging and foams. Also PBAT prevents microplastic issues. In the case small particles of PBAT end up in environments where micro-organisms are present, these disappear rather quickly.
Unique benefits of PBAT
- Certified compostable alternative to LDPE
- Processable on conventional PE equipment
- Approved for food contact
- High service temperature up to 100°C
- High compatibility to natural fibers and other bioplastics; can be blended to get higher ductility in other biopolymers like PLA
- Available with 40% biobased content (PBST) made from castor oil plant
- Microplastic free polymer
Interested? Please contact us for further discussion!